Behavior of different JD Edwards Business Function BO For Execute Operation
Aparna Srinivasan 27000574QJ Visits (2197)
JD Edwards Adapter has outbound operations with two business objects , JDE Business Function and XML list Query. We can see different behavior for different JDE business function if no matching records are found in the EISWith Execute operation if the data is present in the Server,the operation will be performed successfully. But When the data is not present in the server, the behavior of different Business Function is unique. JDE Business Function may report an error (a non-Zero Return value from the C-function).
To Reproduce this scenario,
1. Open the IBM Integration Designer and start IBM Process Server
2. Open the External Service Wizard and proceed with the EMD Steps for Outbound,Provide the Connection details.
3. In BO Selection Edit Query and select Business Function.
4. Then click on Run Query , Select the BO CFIN-> B010
CFIN-> B0100031-> GetMailingName , CFIN->B0100032-> GetPhone all together as multiple selection.
5. Create an Embedded Module and finish.
6. In the Test Client Screen provide the value for Mnaddressnumber value as 1 and run it .
For GetEffectiveAddress Business Function when you provide a value which is not there in EIS such as 111 or some other value you will see an error reported. For GetPhone and GetMailingName Business Function the output will be a null record. So this depends on how the Function was designed for a particular Business Function.
Hope to meet you with another useful information next time around !