Last November I informed you about a z/VSE migration technical article. The blog entry is here.
Just a few days ago we updated that article and changed the title from z/VSE migration to z/VSE release and hardware upgrade. I think, the new title describes the content better.
The technical article is here.
The chapters are organized as follows:
- General migration consideration
- Backup data or system
- Processor (Hardware) upgradeUpgrade to new (disk, tape) hardware
- z/VSE Release or z/VSE Version Upgrade
- Initial Installation / Fast Service Upgrade (FSU)
- Migration of system configuration / data
- VSE/VSAM data, ICCF Libraries (DTSFILE), .DL/I / DB2 Database, z/VSE Libraries, SAM Files, System History File
- Security Definitions, Control Files containing Security Definitions, DTSECTAB, LDAP mapping file
- VSE/POWER Migration
- CICS TS for z/VSE Migration Considerations (CICS/VSE to CICS TS for VSE/ESA)
- Migrate RPG II online application to CICS TS for z/VSE
- LE z/VSE Migration
Please let us know, if you see anything that is missing or that we should change. Thanks in advance.