As announced a few weeks ago, the new z/VM 6.4 release is now available.
z/VM 6.4 requires a z114 / z196 server or higher.
Below are key z/VM 6.4 enhancements:
- Support for up to 2 TB of memory
- Increased efficiency with HyperPAV
- Easier migration with enhanced upgrade-in-place infrastructure
- Improved operations with ease-of-use enhancements
- Improved SCSI support
- Increased scalability by exploiting Guest Enhanced DAT (1 MB frames for z/VM guests)
- Integration of new CMS Pipelines functionality
- Availability of IBM Wave for z/VM as optional, priced feature
More information is in my related blog entry (including the end of service dates of prior z/VM releases) and in the announcement letter.
Have a good weekend.