Today I have a short video for you. It's a good summary of tips, that help our z/VSE Level 2 team to speed up the PMR resolution.
The Youtube video is here.
Some additional material the z/VSE service team may ask for:
- Issue the SIR command on the console and make a screen shot from the output or prepare the console log output (EXEC PRINTLOG)
The SIR output shows the processor, the z/VM and z/VSE release, VSE Supervisor and VSE/POWER PTF level, number of CPUs, ...
- Prepare the console log output. We scan that for messages and errors.
- Did you change anything before the problem occurred ?
- Did you install new (vendor) products, or PTFs ? Does your workload increase ? Did you migrate to a new processor ?
- Does the problem occur once or multiple times ? Is it reproducible ?
- Does the problem occur on the test or production system ?