The SIR Attention Routine (console) command provides important information about your system.
Just use the SIR with out a parameter or SIR SYS to display the following information on the console:
- (VM) CPUID and VSE CPUID - CPUID composed of the CPU Identification Number along with the Version Code followed by the Model Number your native system is running on. VSE CPUID shows the virtual CPUID, if the z/VSE system is running in a z/VM guest.
- PROCESSOR= processor type and serial number
- LPAR= No= LPAR name and number
- CPUs (Ded. Shr.) number of configured CPUs and number of dedicated or shared CPUs in LPAR
- Cap. logical partition capability adjustment factor. Less then 100%, if you hard-capped - the LPAR absolute capping
- VM-SYSTEM. z/VM release and z/VM service level
- USERID - z/VM guest userid
- VMCF= - if ON, you may submit z/VSE console commands from CMS guests to z/VSE
- CPUs - virtual CPUs defined for the z/VM guest
- Cap. - maximum cap. cap value defined for z/VM guest.
- PROC-MODE - processor mode - always z/Arch(64-BIT) since z/VSE 4.1
- IPL(xxx) - IPL cuu (VSE device address) and IPL time and date
- SYSTEM = z/VSE xxx - z/VSE release / refresh level and date of release / refresh
- VSE/AF xxx - VSE/AF release number and latest APAR and service date (APAR close date)
- VSE/POWER xxx - last APAR fix and date applied to VSE/POWER
- IPL-PROC - specifies the IPL procedure (default $IPLESA)
- JCL-PROC - specifies the JCL procedure, that was used during the IPL process (as of teh IPL or $ASIPROC)
- SUPVR - IPLed z/VSE Supervisor name
- TURBO-DISPATCHER (xx) ACTIVE - xx shows the service level of the Turbo Dispatcher
- The following fields are only displayed, if the corresponding function is active:
- HARDWARE COMPRESSION ENABLED
- CAPACITY MEASUREMENT ACTIVE
- PAV SUPPORT ACTIVE
- SEC. MGR. = BASIC SECURITY = ONLINE - security manager related information. "BASIC" is the default = Basic Security Manager (BSM). Otherwise the name of the External Security Manager (ESM) as specified in the SYS EMS command.
- SECURITY = ONLINE - may be appended with "and BATCH", if SYS SEC=YES is specified in the IPL procedure (DTSECTAB - batch security)
A more detailed example is shown in the z/VSE Hints & Tips book. You may download it from the z/VSE Documentation page here.
In case you open a PMR the SIR output should also go with it.