Power Development Platform (PDP)
Matching: i X
IBM Virtual Loaner Program Was Cloud before the CloudWith all the attention on cloud computing these days—including the recent architectural metaphors for private cloud solutions—you might be surprised to learn that IBM has been a cloud services provider since 2004. Through IBM’s Virtual Loaner Program (VLP), IBM’s PartnerWorld members can get access to IBM i, AIX, and Linux on POWER, running their very own instance with virtually total control.
Read the whole article - http://systeminetwork.com/article/ibm-virtual-loaner-program-was-cloud-cloud?ref=nf
IBM Systems magazine has an article about System i on the Virtual Loaner Program.
Test Drive IBM i For Free
Virtual Loaner Program gives you the keys to the newest OS
The IBM Virtual Loaner Program new offering - IBM i 7.1 early program. Try out the latest IBM i now!
Details about the VLP IBM i 7.1 Early Program
- VLP will offer i 7.1 Beta level code on POWER6, and Beta level i 7.1 will also be available on POWER7 after April 23rd.
- Reservations can be made for up to 21 days duration, 2 CPU / 4 GB RAM / 100 GB of Storage
- VLP will offer new beta images until a GA level image is available, approximately 30 days after GA of IBM i 7.1
- Once the GA image is available, no NEW Beta images will be allowed, but saved Beta images can be restored for 30 days to allow information to be moved from the image to a GA level image.
- A beta image cannot be upgraded to a GA level image.
- VLP will dispose of all IBM i 7.1 Beta saved images 30 days after GA level images are available in the VLP.
- After the 30 day post GA availability period, the beta promo code will be removed to prevent restore of saved images
Please contact Bill Schulz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details