AIX 7.2 Beta is available on the Power Development Platform.
As always with AIX, Binary Compatibility continues with the AIX 7.2 release, so if your applications run on AIX 6.1 or 7.1, they'll also run on AIX 7.2. For more on Binary Compatibility, go here.
You can access the Beta in one of several ways:
- In house via Early Ship Program (ESP) access.
Note: To participate through the ESP, you will need an activation key. To obtain a key, fill out the form.
At a glance, the AIX 7.2 release includes the following new function:
• AIX Live Update for Interim Fixes.
• Cluster Aware AIX (CAA) automation with repository replacement mechanism.
• SRIOV-backed Virtual Network Interface Card (VNIC).
• RDSv3 over RoCE adds support of the Oracle RDSv3 protocol over the
Mellanox Connect RoCE adapters.
• CAPI (Coherently Accelerator Processor Interface) infrastructure and support
for CAPI attached flash storage.
• Flash caching. Workloads can take advantage of a read-only cache.