What's that car noise? .....now ...if we can solve that problem.....that is the technology I want to have...
Great article on Earth2Tech about the Top 15 Connected Car Influencers
On the cusp of a new generation of electric vehicles and the buildout of a smart grid, connected cars — vehicles linked to the power grid as well as communication networks — have the potential to give us a transportation system for the digital age. Smart charging infrastructure, energy storage tech and devices, telematics, the vehicles themselves, and even smartphone apps for automotive platforms, all add up to a sizable market opportunity.
A web of key players is starting to take shape as entrepreneurs and
global corporations race to carve out a piece of the nascent EV market,
as government agencies dole out billions of dollars to jump-start that
opportunity, as big thinkers churn out innovative ideas and business
models based on the intersection of information technology and advanced
vehicles, and as the pressure to reduce carbon emissions from vehicles
grows. Listed alphabetically, not order of importance, here’s
Earth2Tech’s top 15 most influential people in the connected car space.
- Shai Agassi, Founder and CEO of Better Place
- George Arnold, National Coordinator for Smart Grid Interoperability, NIST
- Robin Chase, Founder and CEO of GoLoco.org and Meadow Networks
- Steven Chu, Secretary of Energy, DOE
- Mark Duvall, Director of Electric Transportation, Electric Power Research Institute
- Wan Gang, Minister of Science and Technology, China
- Carlos Ghosn, CEO of Renault-Nissan
- Scott Griffith, CEO and Chairman of Zipcar
- Lisa Jackson, Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
- Jon Lauckner, Vice President of Global Product Planning, General Motors
- Elon Musk, CEO and Chairman of Tesla Motors
- Fumio Ohtsubo, President of Panasonic Corp.
- Danilo Santini, Senior Economist, Center for Transportation Research, Argonne National Laboratory
- Allan Schurr, Vice President of Strategy and Development for Energy & Utilities at IBM
- Jonathan Silver, Director of the DOE green car loan guarantee and loan programs
Want more ....
The future of transportation - if you don't read French...you'll need to use a translate... the pictures are good...and if you read my blog...you know I like good pictures.
Automotive 2020: Clarity beyond the chaos.