For a moment, think of your software and systems delivery operations as a factory. Software products move through different departments—including analysis and planning, design and construction, delivery and operations—in much the same way traditional products move through a factory assembly line. No matter where the departments are globally, they can still produce high quality results as though they were in the same location.
How do you ensure that your factory is operating at optimal efficiency? Ask yourself these questions, and take action on the answers with the ultimate goal of reducing costs without compromising quality.
- What can we do now that will have immediate impact?
- How do we start developing realistic plans to meet achievable goals?
- What approach can we take to make a measurable difference?
- How can we quickly realize process improvements and reduce costs?
- How can we leverage technology investments that we’ve already made, but not deployed?
- What critical gaps do we have that can be fixed with a focused investment?