They don't tend to continue and say:
- Wow, there must be some changes in the caching and storage (as we know there was with 4 levels, increased capacities, and lower prices) to feed those fast processors and keep them busy!
- Or, they don't ask: Is this in addition to more instructions being added ,as IBM usually does, for even more throughput? (yes, over 100 and many Java related)
- Or how about: Are there new ways to increase parallelism? ( or to deal with execution of instructions themselves as in: out of order processing OR the biggie: adding zBX!)
(Jennifer Dennis discusses the implications and some of the new offerings related to Application Management, Application Resilience, Security, and Asset and Financial Management. )
Another question-- or class of question -- is about fit and where to use it, could I use it for.....what? Naturally, this leads to a discussion and as the realization hits I hear comments like:
- You mean I could put servers from different platforms in one system that cover my e-business infrastructure here...and have it managed ?
- Wait, I could put most or all of those pieces that relate to my SAP infrastructure there...?
- Or, Really, as this thing evolves with more appliances, optimizers, and blades....Wow...!