Check out two major enhancements to the Support Portal that were added in mid-November!
Call Home Web enhancements
- Risk analysis indicators (on the Dashboard tab, System Summary section)
You can see at a glance which systems are at risk because of backlevel software.
- Recommended software level (on the System Details tab, Risk Analysis section)
If your current level of software is not at the minimum level, there is a link where you can obtain the minimum level. The same is true for the recommended level of software.
- Notifications for back-level software (on the System Details tab, Associated Users section)
You now have the option to subscribe to notifications when the software is backlevel.
- System summary by group (on the Dashboard tab, System Summary section)
If you have made logical groups of your systems, you have the option to display the groups as wells as to filter and sort the groups.
- Additional Site Assistance includes:
- A description of the icons for Risk Analysis
- How to register your systems with Call Home Web
- How to set up and enable Call Home
You can find the Site Assistance on any page in Call Home Web.
IBM Support Agent (beta)
This agent will interact with you to guide you to what you need. This beta appears in a few places. Here are two of them.
- On specific pages for Power products
- When you enter specific terms related to Power products in the "Search support" textbox.
Try these enhancements and let us know what you think.
Diane Straka is an architect in the IBM Systems Group. She focuses on improving the features and usability of the IBM Web support applications.
View all posts by Diane Straka