What's new in IBM Technical Support?
The IBM Technical Support Mobile App R3.0 for iOS and Android!
R3.0 Continues to become richer in function! Check out the new features:
- App authentication to give you personalized content such as your Service Requests and Call Home information for your systems.
- Call Home dashboard for easy monitoring and management of your IBM systems that call home with problem inventory, heartbeat and other information.
Use the IBM Technical Support mobile app for quick, effective product technical support assistance from IBM.
The IBM Technical Support mobile app lets you quickly and easily access key technical support content and functions for all your IBM software and hardware products.
You can use the app to:
- Expedite troubleshooting by searching for, viewing, and bookmarking technical support content like technotes, APARs, documentation, and Redbooks.
- View and update your software and hardware Service Request tickets whenever and wherever you need to.
- Play support videos from IBM technical support channels on YouTube.
- Find answers by exploring Q&A sites such as dW Answers and Stack Overflow.
- Monitor and manage your IBM systems that call home using the problem, heartbeat, inventory, and other information in the Call Home dashboard.
- Look up warranty information for hardware systems by scanning the bar code or entering the Machine Type/Serial Number.
- Discover the best fixes for your system and email the fix orders using the Fix Level Recommendation Tool.
- View Customer Support Plans for your products.
- Contact IBM, with location services assistance and tap-to-call.
New in R3.0!
Call Home dashboard for easy monitoring and management of your IBM systems that call home with problem inventory, heartbeat and other information.
- A convenient and secure way to view the health of your systems
- View reports of all new problem events and heartbeats
Benefits of Call Home:
- More easily maintain your IBM Systems
- Avoid unplanned outages
- Securely and automatically send diagnostic data to IBM Support
- Receive faster support from IBM and quicker resolution of problems
- Sometimes even before a critical failure
- 45% faster resolution time
- Recent Storage Systems that report Call Home information
- Most Power Systems
- PureFlex Systems based on Power architecture
- z Systems (these systems have their own Call Home functionality)
- System x or BladeCenter systems
Download the latest version of the IBM Technical Support mobile app from iTunes or Google Play, and check out the new features!
Craig Martensen is a Software Engineer and Project Lead for IBM Systems Web Client Support.