Prevent issues and achieve faster resolution using IBM Call Home and Call Home Web
What does IBM Call Home do?
- It monitors the health of IBM Systems constantly.
- When there is a problem, it automatically sends critical diagnostic data securely to IBM. So, you don’t have to contact IBM, gather the diagnostic data, and send it to IBM. It is all done for you.
What does IBM Call Home Web provide?
- It provides a secure way to view of the health of your systems all in one place.
- You see a consistent view of the Call Home information through the Support Portal. (http://support.ibm.com)
- It lists new problem events and heartbeats.
- It recommends the minimum and suggested levels of software, and links you to the downloads.
- You can receive notifications of new problem events, heartbeats, upcoming
- warranty or contract expiration's, and recommendations when software levels should be updated.
What are the benefits to you?
- You can more easily maintain your IBM systems
- Potential problems can be avoided before there is a critical failure.
- Diagnostic data is sent to IBM securely and automatically when new problems are detected.
- You receive 45% faster resolution for new problems.
How do you get started?
- Check out the videos about Call Home Web on YouTube. http://ibm.biz/BdHX9R
- Register your systems.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Request Call Home Web boarding spreadsheet". You will receive a spreadsheet that includes instructions.
- Complete the spreadsheet, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the information is validated, the help desk will load the system information for you, and notify you when it is complete.