FLRTVC v0.7 Changelog
We received great customer feedback last month on FLRTVC. We watched as clients utilized our tool and saw first-hand the experience users had while generating and reading a FLRTVC report.
This update contains fixes and enhancements based on this feedback.
What’s New in 0.7
- Added “Last Update” to the report which shows the date the bulletin was created or updated.
- Added “Fixed In” to the report, which shows the AIX technology or service pack level the issue is fixed in.
- Added support for Deprecated Fixes. These may occur when a fix by IBM is recalled due to an issue being found in the fix. These are a very rare occurrence.
- A new flag “-a” was added to show all fixes and vulnerabilities. By default, only vulnerabilities will be shown. This was one of the biggest requests, as many customers only cared about seeing actual vulnerabilities.
- Vulnerability headers in the verbose and online reports have been slightly modified to be more descriptive based on the customized report settings.
- All abstract texts are now pre-pended with “FIXED”, “NOT FIXED”, or “DEPRECATED FIX”. This was added, based on feedback where items in the report were difficult to fully understand due to lack of appropriate identifiers.
- The FLRTVC version is now reported in the verbose/online reports. This will allow our team to help resolve issues with specific versions.
- Removed the code warnings that appeared on v0.6. You may check for warnings in the code using “ksh93 -n flrtvc.ksh”.
We are committed to improving this tool through customer-driven feedback. If you have any suggestions, issues, or would like to help us beta-test, please send us a message through our Feedback Tool or on developerWorks.
FLRTVC Script: http://ibm.biz/FLRT-VC
FLRTVC Online: http://ibm.biz/FLRTVC-ONLINE