IBM Technical University - Sydney - August 7th-9th - Speaker Questionnaires
bwhyte 310000B8UF Visits (2237)
Come and join us in Sydney for the next Systems Technical University covering IBM Z, Power and Storage. Over 100 sessions covering introductions, deep dives, lab sessions and case studies.
Top 5 reasons to come and join us :
Continuing from my last post, I asked the international, and local storage speakers to answer the following 4 questions :
1. Who are you and what do you do in IBM?
2. What are you going to talk about in Sydney?
3. Whats your favorite thing about IBM's TechU's?
4. Whats your favorite you tube video?
1. My name is Evelyn Perez, I am the Platform Software Architect for Spectrum Virtualize which means I lead the design direction for the set of teams responsible for hardware inte
2. I am in Sydney to talk about Spectrum Virtualize Data Reduction and platforms.
3. My favourite thing about TechU is the face to face interaction with users. I firmly believe user involvement makes designs better and TechU is a fantastic place to talk to our day to day uers.
4. My favourite Youtube link is Simon's Cat channel: http
1. Andrew Greenfield is an IBM Global Flash Engineer based in Phoenix, Arizona, but travels weekly. He holds numerous technical certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, as well as IBM. He is also responsible for many of the photos and videos featured in A9000 Redbook as well as XIV, and IBM.com.
2. A9k , SVC Roadmaps, Security, Malware, HyperSwap, and hands on Labs
3. Meeting people from all walks of life who share common goals of using technology to solve business challenges.
1. I am a Senior Staff Member in IBM Research and work on Distributed Storage, primarily File Storage technology. i spend most my day on Performance analysis and how to improve it as well as engage with clients on complex problems and help to solve them.
2.Everything around Spectrum Scale, Performance and updates since the last version
3. To met people, exchange ideas and talk to customers about their problems and success stories
1. Eddie Lin and I'm an architect on the DS8000 family of enterprise storage products.
2. I have three sessions, one overall session about "What's New on the DS8880" and two sessions about new and upcoming technologies on the DS8880. They are related to lowering overall latencies with the DS8880 and IBM Z and the other about our Transparent Cloud Tiering solution between the DS8880, DFSMShsm and Object Storage.
3. I enjoy discussing ways that IBM continues to innovate that bring forward true client value, whether by improving performance to gain application level quickness and agility or ways the infrastructure can not only save operational costs but can allow the client to achieve better efficiency with their existing computing power. Discussing these ideas in a technical forum such as TechU allows a more in depth explanation and discussion point.
4. Hehe, well, I only seem to go to YouTube when I need to learn how to fix something in my house or on my car (DIY style) or watching DanTDM with my kids.
1. Patrik Jelinko, Solutions Architect for IBM Cloud Object Storage
2. I'll have a couple of presentation about what's new with IBM Cloud Object Storage and what are the most interesting use cases for object storage we see in the market. Also I'll do a live demo about how to integrate object storage with an existing traditional application and how to use artificial intelligence to get more out of your data.
3. I like that there are different levels of sessions and you can dig into a topic if you want to by attending a very deep technical presentation or demo.
Hopefully that gives you a little insight into the speakers, and I've chased a few others that have yet to reply - will post again when I hear from them.
Look forward to seeing you in Sydney on the 7th August - and remember you can Register Here ->