The IBM SmartCloud Storage Access V1.1 Configuration Cookbook, SG24-8120 just published to coincide with the General Availability of the solution.
This IBM Redbooks Publication will help you plan, implement and manage your storage cloud.
IBM SmartCloud™ Storage Access V1.1 enables enterprises to implement a private cloud storage service where users can request and receive storage capacity, share files with other users, and administrators can easily monitor and report usage with just a few clicks.
- Enables self service with a simple intuitive interface and improves productivity
- Offers fast time to value with a solution that is simple to deploy and easy to use
- Works with existing storage infrastructures, such as Storwize V7000 Unified, SONAS, or Tivoli Storage Productivity Center with TPC V5.1 TPC 5.1 Select, or SmartCloud Virtual Storage Center V5.1
- Improves overall IT efficiency and quality of service with automated provisioning, easy monitoring, and reporting
- Provides overall reduction in operational complexity and expenses with a self-service portal, standardization, and automation
- Integrates with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) for authentication and email systems for notifications
The IBM SmartCloud Storage Access solution as shown in the figure below is described in detail in this IBM Redbooks Publication.