IBM Spectrum Accelerate brings Hyper-Scale Storage to the Cloud
IBM Spectrum Accelerate™ on Cloud provides IBM Spectrum Accelerate as a service to IBM Cloud customers via its SoftLayer infrastructure.
IBM Spectrum Accelerate as a service on SoftLayer cloud allows enterprise-class benefits of
IBM Spectrum Accelerate and enables you to consume storage as a service without the need
to install or maintain any hardware or software components.
The initial deployment on SoftLayer is performed by engaging IBM Lab Services following a customer order placed through
the IBM Passport Advantage website.
Spectrum Accelerate on Cloud delivers the following features:
- A scalable and flexible approach to enterprise storage
- A smart storage solution for cloud customers that use servers on SoftLayer cloud and are in need advanced storage services for those servers
- Data replication into the cloud as an affordable disaster recovery solution by enabling the primary data to be either on XIV devices or Spectrum Accelerate (on or off premises)
- The same experience of a disk storage system in the cloud, enabling customers to manage and provision the storage in the exact same way as when using XIV and Spectrum Accelerate management tools
- The same feature set as Spectrum Accelerate and XIV storage solutions, including snapshots, mirroring, quality of service classes, and multi-tenancy
- A pure operating expense solution with no capital costs.
Spectrum Accelerate on Cloud comes in two configurations:
You can read the details in the IBM Redbooks publication,
Deploying IBM Spectrum Accelerate on Cloud, REDP-5261