5 things to know about Implementing IBM FlashSystem 840
Karen_Orlando 270004039T Visits (4183)
The wait is over, the IBM Redbooks publication; Impl
Read this book for practical application, and in-depth discussion of product architecture, software and hardware, its implementation, use cases, hints and tips.
Here are 5 things covered in detail in our book that you need to know about implementing this exciting new technology:
1. Implement FlashSystem 840 when speed is critical.
With FlashSystem 840 you can radically accelerate your most critical applications. Up to 1,100,000 IOPS, up to 8GB/s bandwidth and latency as low as 130us/90 us (read/ write).
FlashSystem 840 combines extreme performance, IBM MicroLatency, macro efficiency, and enterprise reliability to provide up to 48 TB of fast, energy-efficient flash storage in a small, 2U footprint and energy efficient power consumption 625W (RAID 5).
2. Use FlashSystem 840 new intuitive IBM SAN Volume Controller CLI and GUI for simple and familiar management of the unit .
The new SVC-based GUI results in up to 4.8x faster set up than the prior GUI
IBM FlashSystem 840 supports SNMP versions 1 and 2. The GUI is used to set up SNMP support on the FlashSystem 840.
3. FlashSystem 840 is extremely easy to service.
All components are hot-swappable and redundant including flash modules, management modules, interface cards (all contained in the canister), as well as batteries, fans, and power supplies.
4. FlashSystem 840 supports concurrent code loads.
IBM FlashSystem 840 supports concurrent code load, enabling customer applications to remain online during firmware upgrades to all components, including the flash modules.
5. FlashSystem 840 is easily integrated into your business environments including: