Based on the data the OpenStack Summit was a big success. 54% first time attendees is a great number that shows the growing interest and support from the companies wiling to send their technical leaders.
- 7,800+ Attendees
- 126 Press & Analysts
- 116 Sponsoring companies
- 61 Countries represented by attendees
- 1,190 Companies represented by attendees
- 54% of people attending an OpenStack Summit for first time
We published the Redpaper: IBM Spectrum Scale in an OpenStack Environment April 25th the opening day of the Summit.
The IBM Spectrum Scale development team was there to share the progress of Spectrum Scale and OpenStack object and file Integration. Here is a figure from one of the presentations showing
the integration of Object and file integration for a Media Production Company Use Case. The video presentation from the Summit will take you through the problem definition, proposed solution and benefits.
- Amalgamating Manila And Swift for Unified Data Sharing Across Instances
- Integration of Object & File for Media Production Use Case
- Write a File, Read as an Object
- Details of File & Object Integration
- Followed by SwiftStack talk on File & Object
- Finding needles in the unified storage haystack
- Metadata Search Uses case (CTO)