IBM Spectrum Archive Enterprise Edition V1.2 helps reduce IT costs by replacing tiered disk storage (Tier 2 and Tier 3) with IBM tape libraries.
Did you know?
Spectrum Archive Enterprise Edition V1.2 supports multiple tape libraries (up to 2) for a single Spectrum Scale cluster:
- Data replication to the pools in separate libraries for additional data resiliency
- Read replica policy enables you to specify file recall behavior in the event of a failure
- Total capacity expansion beyond single library limit
- Spectrum Scale cluster in single site or across the metro distance locations through Spectrum Scale synchronous mirroring
- Mixed type library support with different drive types
- Pools can be configured with a subset of tapes in one tape library as an LTO tape pool, 3592 tape pool, or 3592 WORM tape pool
Redbooks IBM Spectrum Archive Enterprise Edition V1.2: Installation and Configuration Guide recently published and includes figures of the new configurations possible with multiple tape library support. Here is a Spectrum Archive EE configuration shown with scaled-out capacity, multiple libraries, and redundant copies. This example spans two sites with two tape libraries, one Spectrum Scale Cluster and two Spectrum Archive EE Groups.
Figure 1. Spectrum Archive EE configuration shown with scaled-out capacity, multiple libraries, and redundant copies