I am creating this blog entry to note down any of the features I think is cool and could be useful. On time to time basis I would update the same entry.
- I wish I could see number of visits option in MyBlog, rather than having to browse my own blog.
- I wish I could see if there are any replies to any message board topic without actually having to get into the link - similar to comments. recommendation for a blog
- I wish Blogs widget in my Home page had an option to switch to My Blogs as in other widgets.
- Adding to my favorites
- Invitation to join MyDeveloperWorks
- Currently when I visit a profile and browse the blogs tab, I see the blogs listed in ascending order(older posts appear first). Would be good to have recent posts displayed first? Not sure what people prefer :)
- Currently when I browse blogs, I do see My Recommendations. How ever, this is not seen by others unless I publish it somehow (Currently I have added a link to publish this in my blog). I would like to see entries recommended by a person. So like book marks, we could recommended entries by this user?
- Can a blog entry in edit mode be locked so that other browser window is not able to edit and auto save.
- I have an interesting story to share here :) - I was writing Manage Blog using Fire Fox. While I was done with writing up my text, it was time to insert correct images. How ever, I faced a problem while inserting an image. So I tried in Flock Browser. But I was so engrossed in pasting all the required images, I forgot to close the older (FF) window. While I was finishing up with my entry and previewing, fire Fox was slowly doing auto save of my older draft .. and you can imagine waht would have happened.. I lost all the latest updates to that entry and had to do it all over again..
- Another interesting story - Don't know why it happens to me alone :( ... I lost all these new updates to this entry once when I tried to post (It gave me set of error messages, not sure which of them was applicable.. Will try to capture those errors if I encounter.
As promised updating this list
- I was commenting on one of the blog entry today and after posting the comment, found that I wanted to change something .. and guess what we don't have edit option for our comments.
- Deleting my own comments can be useful.
- Check out Undo Recommend
- I was commenting on one of the posts and I badly wanted to insert an image to depict what I intended. I wish, I could insert an image while adding comments too.
- Similarly I wish all the other things worked like smiley, URL insert etc while adding a comment.
- I wish there was a way to chat with the person who is online on myDW. I have seen this feature in other social n/wing sites.
- I am good at typos. Would a "spell check" option help me?
- I would like to link up my publications on dW in MydW profile. Probably an option in Edit profile page to fill out the details would help?
- What's my score card? Currently Authorship award program considers certain points for awards. How about have the score on my profile - which may be only read field and on time to time gets updated?
- Send message is a cool option. I wish, it was more cooler. Currently Colleague request alert is visible on the home page in the profile widget. Similarly, incoming message alert on My dW portal would be very helpful. Right now, the only option to know this is checking the email account.
- Can we have some message settings, where we could opt for even saving sent messages from My dW portal for further use/view.
- While I browse the blogs, I see 10 pages per entry. I make it as 50/100 pages per entry and then view the blog entries. Since I do not use any feeder and use My dW portal for browsing the blog, viewing 100 entries at one shot helps me view any change which happened in earlier posts. It would be good if I could save my preferences for browsing - No of entries per page,
- May be this is on its way already , how ever still putting my thoughts favorite blogs could be one section for feeds.
- Editing full profile is a nice feature. So I can only ask more ! When I started editing my profile some time back, one of the reason I had chosen to be at My dW is to get certified. So can I showcase/list my earned certifications in some way in my profile? If the IBM certifications information for a user can be pulled by the system, the it would be awesome !
- For a group, I can see the "Last updated" date and the person who did it. But its kind of difficult to trace what was the update ! Lets say we have more than 10-15 message topics and 1 of them was updated then !!! This may be solved once we have "feeds" coming in instead of widgets.. but thought its worth to put.. I believe in I might as well share !!!
- I wish blog preview worked better and gave me the exact picture as to how my blog entry would look including smileys and spaces
- I wish I could see if any profile changes in my colleagues and vice versa. They could see if I changed anything in my profile
- I wish we could attach severity to the problems that we find and report in Feedback group
- I wish there was a way to find, if a blog entry was updated and not just the blog !! Currently, if I leave this entry just update no one would notice, only if I save it as draft and re-post, it would come as a new entry . But that's not what I would want to convey - Its just an update and not a new entry !