How to reduce HS22 boot time?
skyron 2700028U8P Visits (6372)
If you have migrated from the old blade servers, HS21 to the new HS22 or HX5, one of the annoying issues is that these new machines take some time to boot. If you have daughter cards inside the server, it can sometimes take up to 10 minutes to get to the operating system!
To try and reduce the boot time, here's what you can do:
1. Disable Boot rom for any devices you are NOT booting from, for example from network cards, fiber cards (if its not a boot from SAN setup).
2. Disable PXE boot for the server.
Here's how to do it:
1. Boot to F1 UEFI menu.
2. Go to option 'System Settings'.
3. Go to option 'Devices and I/O ports)
4. Go to option 'Enable/Disbale option ROM' and disable the option rom for the devices you do not need.
And that's it! The server should be booting much faster now! You can use the same idea for any UEFI based IBM machine (x3650 M2/M3 , etc).