Time to Make New Year Resolutions (with Technology too)
Well every new year we have fallen into a tradition to set resolutions to help improvement in some sort?
- Early to Bed Early to Rise - My favorite one which I make every year :-)
- Lose My Weight/ Gain my Kids Weight
- EXERCISE REGULARLY - another one of the old timers
- Practice Work Life Balance - Most hot and iterative, I guess.
Btw, What are the Generic Technology Resolutions that one can make, which will help improve something somewhere somehow ,
starting this new year ? Few thoughts here,
- Write Reusable code but do not reuse code without Copyright/Legal awareness
- Write Greener low level Code ( understand looping, processor consumption which impact on carbon footprints)
- Think green while designing and developing ( there are lot of innovation/inventions to happen)
- Use Flash over HDD ( if feasible)
- Think Security at the Start and Not at the End
- Implement Security for better business and not mere requirement of compliance
- Change passwords of personal laptops
- encrypt things to be encrypted, esp when in cloud.
- Promote open source, wherever possible
- Use Linux, Open Office, Lotus Symphony, Kerberos
Sales & Marketing:
- Bring Buzz words to reality to foster customer need , not mere sales
- Do the "right" thing, even if it hampers deals
- Beat Competitors by excellence and not ill-deeds.
- Dream , Fiction, 'Think' what no one has Thought
- I can, I must , I will
- See problems as opportunities for inventions and not as inhibitors to solutions
- Solution to HIV - Open Problem with Winner to get a Nobel - Will I be the one
So many things, so little time - so better to get our New Year Resolutions right.
Wishing you all friends and Family - Happy, 'Warm' and Cozy Year Ahead....
( did I say Warm - which relates to carbon foot prints and global warming, i guess not ;-)
"If I were HIM, I would Patent all the Diseases & Dreadfulness to protect from any Human Infringement" - Sandeep