IBM Program Director for Worldwide DB2 Sales George Baklarz joins me to discuss the technology highlights of DB2 10
- How DB2 acts as a greate tool to handle Big Data for analytics purposes.
- The Time Travel Query feature that lets you add a historical perspective to the date you peruse.
- How compression is now ubiquitous, existing at all phases of data whether still or in motion.
- How compression allows the admin or the system itself to search for data use patterns, even very localized patterns (say, within a single table or page).
- How hierarchical storage management features (HSM) enable you to determine whether data is hot or cold at the atomic level and make sure the hot data is being accessed on the fastest connections.
- How DB2 10 automates many of these features (if that's your SOP).
George will be at Information on Demand 2012, Oct 21-25 in Las Vegas
explaining these topics in more detail. As always, learn more about this topic at Information Management at developerWorks
Audio-only feeds: dW podcast RSS
| dW iTunes channel