IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio 12.5.1 is now available and brings another breakthrough in performance in solving mixed integer programs. Mixed integer programming models are solved on average 15% faster than the industry-leading prior release 12.5, on models requiring 1 second and above, and for the more challenging group of models requiring at least 100 seconds the average speedup is 40%. As a result of this breakthrough performance, two of the previously unsolved MIPLIB 2010 models have been solved: ns111636 and tw-myciel4.
Also included in the release are:
- Additional scripting functions for use with the Optimization Programming Language. These extend the the conflict and relaxation iterators and support multiple MIP starts.
- New methods in the conflict iterator class of the Java and .NET APIs of the Optimization Programming Language
- Extension of the CPLEX Optimizer remote object for construction of parallel distributed algorithms to Concert Technology for Java and C++
- Lift and project cuts in the CPLEX Mixed Integer Optimizer
- Enhancements to the CPLEX Optimizer presolve algorithm which result in faster solutions for some mixed integer programming models with quadratic terms
- Ability to control generation of QCP duals in the CPLEX Optimizer
- Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Support for Windows 8 and Server 2012
- Support for Xcode and 64-bit Python on Mac OS X