IBM was recently named to Inbound Logistics Top 100 Logistics IT Providers. ILOG was acquired by IBM in 2009. Since then, IBM has dramatically increased its supply chain capability. some of this capability includes:
- ILOG Supply Chain applications for network design, inventory optimization, and transportation optimization
- ILOG Optimization solutions for unique scheduling and planning applications
- Sterling TMS for SaaS for transportation management
- Sterling Order Management and Supply Chain Visibility for distributed order management and visibility. This, for example, enables retailers to better handle their multiple channels and gain control of their supply chain
- Emptoris for strategic supply and contract management
- DemandTec for trade and promotion management and optimization
- Cognos and SPSS for supply chain descriptive and predictive analytics. For example, Cognos and SPSS have been deployed for value added S&OP.