RFT( Rational Functional Tester) users, using RFT 8.3 and above and having Chrome browser enabled and up and running in their environment , report a common issue of slow playback of their scripts on JAVA AUT ( Application Under Test).
This post targets to provide a solution to the above stated problem.
The below flag has been introduced with RFT 220.127.116.11
This flag can be used to improve the performance.
1) Install/Upgrade to RFT 18.104.22.168 or above
2) Close the browsers and any AUT enabled by RFT
3) Close RFT.
4) Open the ivory.properties file located in RFT installation directory\bin folder,
for instance its located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP\FunctionalTester\bin" in my Win 7 ,64 bit machine.
5) Search for "rational.test.ft.shortenprocesstimeout" and set it to true. By default its set to false.
6) Save the ivory.properties file and launch RFT and the AUT.
7) Playback the scripts. A considerable and satisfactory performance improvement is observed.