RFT( Rational Functional Tester) users, using find API in their RFT Scripts against Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser, report a common issue of slow playback of their scripts .
This post targets to provide a solution to the above stated problem.
The below flag has been introduced with RFT 184.108.40.206
This flag can be used to improve the performance.
1) Install/Upgrade to RFT 220.127.116.11 or above
2) Close the browsers and any AUT enabled by RFT
3) Close RFT.
4) Open the ivory.properties file located in RFT installation directory\bin folder,
for instance its located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP\FunctionalTester\bin" in my Win 7 ,64 bit machine.
5) Search for "rational.test.ft.html.use.scriptfindwithxpath" and set it to true. By default its set to false.
6) Save the ivory.properties file and launch RFT .
7) Enable Chrome Browser. If its already enabled, disable it and re-enable.
8) Launch the application and Playback the scripts. A considerable and satisfactory performance improvement is observed.