10 Fun Technical Facts about IBM PureSystems
SteveCurtis 060000QGXC Visits (1018)
1. The first PureSystems family members were announced in April. The PureFlex System became Generally Available (GA) on May 21, and the PureApplication System became Generally Available (GA) July 31st.
2. Large quantities of baby powder were sucked through the chassis to test separation between the cooling zones.
3. There were 12+ different designs for the rack door before settling on a final version.
4. The original test cards were named after cartoon characters from Hanna-Barbera, who produced television series such as The Flinstones, The Jetsons and Scooby Doo.
5. The chassis is ¼ inch from being a perfect square.
6. More than 20 million lines of code were developed in support of PureSystems.
7. A fully loaded rack weighs 2,391 pounds.
8. The airflow velocity through a node opening can reach up to 30 mph.
9. Over 4,000 people contributed to PureSystems delivery.
10. There are 160+ Optimized ISV Partner Patterns of Expertise covering 20 industries available through the IBM PureSystems Centre, where clients can access solutions and application patterns from IBM and IBM Business Partners.