Today is the day when DB2 10.5 FP4, known as Cancun Release has been published officially!
This DB2 Cancun Release includes many different new features and improvements in differents areas like:
- Column-organized tables
- SQL compatibility
- Monitor elements
The summary of the enhancements can be found here:
There are some exciting improvements and new features included on the pureScale side, which will make even easier to implement pureScale!
- Support to pureScale over TCP/IP sockets
- Geographically dispersed DB2 pureScale cluster (GDPC) is extended to support RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE)
- pureScale can now be deployed on virtual machines using sockets (on VMware ESXi and KVM)
- Incremental backup support
- DB2 Spatial Extender support
- Online (inplace) REORG now supported
- Federated two-phase commit
Some of these features are really useful to get started with pureScale like having the possibility to run pureScale using just a basic TCP/IP network or using virtual machines under KVM or VMware ESXi. This is great for who wants to explore pureScale technology just using a basic network or a virtualized environment!
But also, for actual pureScale users, two great enhancements like incremental backups and online REORG will be a huge improvement in terms of system and database maintenance and administration.
If you like me are really looking forward to try all these new features, just go and download the just released DB2 Cancun Release 10.5 FP4 at this link:
Feel free to ask any question or comment you may have on all these new and exciting features for pureScale!