new strategies to meet the growing expectations of the Chief
resources necessary to engage your chief executive customers as individuals and deliver an optimal experience
across all channels and interactions to drive revenue, build relationships and create a lifetime of loyalty.
Choose from more than 150 business and technical sessions focused on business strategies, new technology,
best practices, case studies and visionary thinking across four programs – Buy, Market, Sell & Service and
from the experience of other leaders.
Deepen your knowledge through:
• Industrial and High Tech sessions. Get specific ideas on how Smarter Commerce relates to your specific
challenges and opportunities. Hear directly from customers who are using Smarter Commerce to achieve
improved business results.
• Breakfast and lunch Industry Roundtables to encourage networking and engagement. Speak with IBM
subject matter experts available to answer questions and to stimulate discussion.
• Networking opportunities with peers in your industry and with IBM’s industry leadership.
• Small group demos of our Smarter Commerce vision for your industry. Visit our Solution Center and Meet
the Experts area to get a more detailed look at very specific solutions that interest you.
• One-on-one meetings with industry experts and IBM Executives.
For the most current session information and to register please visit:
Each track offers more than 35 business and technical sessions allowing you to customize your learning agenda.
“Go deep” within your own area of responsibility or sample from other areas of interest to you — the choice is
yours. The following is just a preview of sessions.
Learn how Smarter Commerce is utilized by companies within your industry and hear about the latest trends
impacting Industrial and High Tech.
• How Siemens Tackles Global Supply Risks through Sustainable Supplier Management | IHI-3246
Industrial and high tech manufacturers have some of the most complex supply chains of any industry. With
very large, global and multi-tiered ecosystems of trading partners they also have a high rate of product
innovation where the products themselves are highly complex. Sustainability is one of the major success
factors for the business growth of Siemens. Join this session to learn and discuss how Smarter Commerce
has enabled Siemens to:
- Leverage the potential of best performing suppliers in terms of price, quality, availability, innovativeness and
- Ensure optimal supply through comprehensive risk management
- Effectively manage the end-to end supplier lifecycle
• Next Generation Marketing for High-Tech and Industrial Manufacturers | IHI-3247
The marketing transformation that is occurring in the B2C world of consumers is also making its way into
the B2B world — manufacturers are rethinking how they must generate growth. In this session, IBM will
share its perspective on this shift, sharing practices that IBM itself uses in its marketing. In addition, Cisco
will share their story on their mission to build new demand generation capabilities within their internal
demand centers. Their approach emphasizes a better understanding of each customer and prospect
offline and online, and leveraging that insight to nurture leads from initial impression to readiness for a sales
• Whirlpool’s Journey Toward Global Governance of Customer Engagement | IHI-3248
Companies with diverse business units and customer bases, that also vary by region, face a tremendous
challenge in creating customer “systems of engagement” that recognize this diversity. In this session,
Whirlpool will share their story on how they have created a world wide governance model using Smarter
Commerce solutions that lets them centrally maintain highly reusable functionality and templates, which
can then easily be tailored to the needs of each brand in each region.
• The Path to Automotive Retail Transformation | IHI-3249
The automotive retail space is on the verge of rapid change. Consumers today are highly connected
and exerting greater degrees of purchasing power while their habits for buying are changing as well.
Automakers are also working to expand their reach and interact with customers more directly than ever
before. IBM’s Institute for Business Value has released a new study examining issues that are transforming
the automotive retail experience. This session will focus on new ways to understand consumers, reach
them and connect with them as well as how to differentiate product and services offerings to step out from
an increasingly commoditized marketplace.
For the most current session information and to register please visit:
• What E-Commerce Means to B2B Manufacturers: An Example from the Aftermarket Business |
Manufacturers who sell strictly or primarily B2B face a dilemma. On the one hand corporate buyers
want some of the same capabilities that they have as consumers: intuitive, self-service ordering; mobility
solutions; status checking. But underneath it all they must have an eCommerce solution that is absolutely
reliable and secure. In this session, Pratt & Whitney, a United Technologies Company, will share how
Smarter Commerce has been a boon to their huge aftermarket business.
Learn how your supply chain and sourcing strategies can benefit from new concepts and technologies
such as cloud collaboration, inventory visibility transformation, and complex spend management, analytics
• Creating a Smarter Supply Chain with Analytics BB-3152
• Supply Chain Visibility: Applying Analytics to Integrate and Optimize the Supply Chain BB-3251
• Optimize your Supply Chain While Juggling Multiple Objectives BT-3384
• How to Transform Global Transportation Management with Cloud-Based Technology Managing LTL
Decisions with Optimization SSB-3153
• Managing LTL Decisions with Optimization SST-3401
• Manage Suppliers and Mitigate Risk BB-3139
• Save Money Through Increased Use of Emptoris e-Auctions BB-3140
• Taming Complex Categories Spend BT-3129
• Global Sourcing: Finding New Value and Best Practices in Sourcing BT-3135
• Best Practices in Contract Management
• Adapting a B2B Hybrid Model to Achieve Business Differentiation BB-3124
• Johnson Controls Achieves Partner Engagement with Flexible B2B Integration Solutions BT-3123
• What About China? Automating Buying Through B2B Integration in China BT-3127
• How Synchronizing Your Value Chain with IBM Sterling Integration Enables Smarter Commerce KEY-3399
Learn how your marketing can embed deep customer insights – gleaned from implied and explicit behaviors
across online and offline channels – to deliver timely and personalized engagement across multiple channels and
• Whirlpool Highlights the Importance of Building Lifelong Relationships with Consumers ICW-3243
• It’s Go Time: Creating an Action-Oriented Digital Marketing Culture MB-3364
Achieve new levels of B2B and B2C cross-channel, multi-tier selling and fulfillment from integrating your precision
marketing and merchandising to transforming order management and content management processes across all
digital and physical touch points.
• Manage the Product Catalog Efficiently using Advanced Catalog Management for WebSphere Commerce
• Creating a Global Inventory Hub to Support the Right Plan, Right Promise and Right Fulfillment SST-3275
• How Content Management Underpins the Customer Lifecycle SSB-3279
• Driving Value Across The Mobile Business SSB-3158