We've just made our first release of SCA on the PECL repository. The code has been added into what was the SDO project and which has now been imaginatively renamed to SCA_SDO (you won't believe how much thought went into that...). The main features of this release are:
- inclusion of the Service Component Architecture (SCA) component
- new PEAR packaging to install SCA and SDO as peer directories (PEAR/SCA and PEAR/SDO)
- update to Apache Tuscany C++ SDO revision level 478193
- new function in SDO_DAS_Relational to support multiple root data objects
- new function in SDO_DAS_XML to support CDATA sections (not yet complete)
- fixes for bugs #9287, #9289, #9339
Unfortunately, we were not able to include the json-rpc binding which was demonstrated at the recent Zend and International PHP Conferences. We hope to be able to include this support soon. It's nice to see some positive comments from people who attended those conference presentations. Greg Whitescarver said, "I’m very glad to say that SCA makes exposing services (especially web services) ridiculously easy", and a review on Developpez.com found SCA "...somewhat strange but nevertheless excellent!" (at least that's the Bablefish translation ;-) ).
If you'd like more information on SCA/SDO, please visit the project's community page.
Finally, I'd like to thank Pierre for his help in renaming the SDO project to SCA_SDO, and preserving the old SDO links in the process. Thanks Pierre!
Graham Charters[Read More]