To create a new profile in the PARMGEN user profile you duplicate an existing profile. After that you adjust the profile ID that is part of the parameter. For example:
The sample user profile that is provided with OMEGAMON DB2 already contains a profile configuration. You can use this one for the following steps to create a new profile PF02.
1. Open the PARMGEN user profile and search for the first or any other existing database configuration profile. You can use the following command where xx is the ID of an existing profile
Note: When this is your first configuration then use 01 for xx. The steps below use PF01 as an example.
2. Use the following primary command to exclude all lines:
3. Use the following primary command to find all parameters of the existing profile (e.g. PF01)
f PF01 all
Tip: You can include commented lines using the line command F.
For example, to include three lines again use f3
5. Use the RR block line command on all included lines to repeat the profile once
You now have the PF01 profile twice.
6. Use the XX block line command to exclude the first of the two identical profiles again because we do not want to edit it.
7. Use the following primary command to change the profile ID to a new one so you have two different configuration profiles
c PF01 PF02 all nx
PF01 is the original profile ID. PF02 is the new profile ID for the new configuration profile. The option nx is used to run the text replace only on all non-excluded lines.
You now have a second profile that you can configure independently.
The whole process can also be applied to the database configuration. The database configuration ID is DBxx.