Rational Developer for System i (v9.0): SSL enablement - This article details the steps needed in order to establish a successful SSL connection using RDi.
To setup your system to use SSL with IBM Toolbox for Java, complete the following steps.
1. Logon to the Digital Certificate Manager of the iSeries.
2. Create New Certificate Store.
3. *SYSTEM, Continue.
4. No - Do not create a certificate in the certificate store, Continue.
5. Create Certificate store password, OK.
6. Click 'Select a Certificate Store', *SYSTEM, Continue & Continue.
7. On the left side of the screen select 'Create Certificate'.
8. Select 'Server or client certificate', Continue.
9. Select 'Local Certificate Authority(CA)', Continue.
11. Select the following Applications to assign the certificate too:
- Central Server
- Database Server
- Remote Command Server
- Signon Server
- IBM i TCP/IP Telnet Server
- i5/OS DDM/DRDA Server - TCP/IP
- Host Servers
- File Server
Management Central Server
12. Select 'Work with client applications' on the right side of the screen and assign the certificate to the following:
- IBM i TCP/IP Telnet Client
- i5/OS DDM/DRDA Client - TCP/IP
14. Select 'Copy and paste certificate'.
15. Paste the content into notepad and save it as .cer.
16. Add the newly created .cer to the studio by clicking on 'Window, Preferences, Remote Systems & SSL.
19. You should now be able to establish a SSL connection.