And best of all, the IBM Support Assistant is more intuitive and easier to use than ever!
IBM Support Assistant is a complimentary software offering which provides clients with a workbench to help clients with problem determination. With focus on quickly finding key information, running automated data collection and a variety of serviceability tools, clients will be prepared for self-analysis and diagnosis on a wide variety of software problems.
The latest release includes new ways to augment problem determination and enhancements to existing features that you have come to rely on. These new capabilities will allow you to expand your level of analysis from the IBM Support Assistant workbench. Enhancements to this release include increased usability across many key areas of IBM Support Assistant and improved local and remote functions.
Some of the new and expanded features include:
- A comprehensive data collection viewer to review and analyze collected data
- Ability to specify the location of user data at time of install
- Improved proxy support to enhance compatibility with enterprise security
- Access to IBM’s Service Request and IBMLink/ServiceLink from within the IBM Support Assistant workbench
- RPM installer for the IBM Support Assistant Workbench on Linux
- Migration wizard to copy ISA 3.x/4.0.x product and tool add-ons and proxy settings to 4.1
- Intuitive navigation for various data collection options
- Secure file transfer (HTTPS) for data collection
- Simplified IBM Common Launchpad based installer for Agent and Agent Manager
- Improved automated data collectors for the IBM Support Assistant
You can get more release information and technical details at the following resource: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rcss=rtlblog&rs=3455&uid=swg21386791