You may run into a scenario where a user has configured the Application Under Test (AUT) in IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) and used Startapp() API to launch the application in Internet Explorer (IE) during the play back run. Although the application launches successfully the next script step (click on hyperlink) fails with "Object not found" exception.
The steps to reproduce the issue may look something like this:
- Configure AUT from RFT>Configure > Configure Applications for Testing
- Playback the script to Launch the application.
- Application launches the home page along with alert dialog window, which consists of numerous links.
- RFT clicks on one of the HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) link.
At this point you would expect that the user would be navigated to the corresponding page, however AUT does not respond to the click and fails to navigate to the next page.
To overcome this issue you can choose to use the following code snippet:
- Launch Internet Explorer browser.
- Add the following code snippet as first line of your script and replace google.com with your application URL:
public void testMain(Object args)
//Keep the remaining part the script here.