AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (1463)
WHAT COMPELS AN IBM PARTNER TO PUT SUCH A MAGNITUDE OF TRUST IN IBM RATIONAL AVP?
One of IBM’s largest competitors is also one of IBM's most important business partners for software and systems. This Consulting Firm’s goal is to standardize how they approach software delivery for their clients. They consider Rational to be a good technology fit in this area, so they have made the Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) solution and other Rational products the critical foundation of their software delivery process. This is a clear endorsement of IBM Rational products and strategy by one of the world’s leading companies.
Since 2007, this Consulting Firm has also invested in a successfully evolving partnership with the experienced Rational Accelerated Value Program (AVP) team. AVP is Predictive, Preemptive and Proactive - bringing fast ROI for Rational Software clients across the globe. Consulting Firm relies on their AVP team for advice on their overall software deployment strategy, guidance on successful roll out of Rational tools, and the management of expedited resolution for cost-inducing software issues. The client considers the AVP team to be a high value extension of their own teams and have granted access to several of their internal systems and environments to make collaboration and troubleshooting easier- showing ultimate trust with IBM AVP.
The flexibility and personalization of the Accelerated Value Program has meant that the service continuously adapts to align with Consulting Firm's needs, so it is no surprise that the by the end of their current contract they will have been a AVP client for a full decade! AVP’s comprehensive knowledge of their customer’s business goals, ecosystem and topology helps ensure that the team is well positioned to dynamically respond to changing business conditions, partnering for continued success.
EXAMPLES OF HOW CONSULTING FIRM’S BUSINESS WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPACTED WITHOUT THE GUIDANCE OF THE EXPERIENCED RATIONAL ACCELERATED VALUE PROGRAM TEAM
2. Working with IBM Level 2 support and IBM Development, the AVP team arranged for the delivery of more than 20 hotfixes for Consulting Firm's CLM deployments in 2013. Without these hotfixes Consulting Firm would have had to upgrade all 1000+ of their CLM deployments to each quarterly release. Avoiding 5 additional upgrades saved Consulting Firm $3.08 million (1000 deployments X 8 hours per upgrade X 5 upgrades X $77/hr FTE cost).
OVER THE PAST YEAR, THE AVP TEAM HAS COLLABORATED ON SEVERAL WINS WITH CONSULTING FIRM’S STAKEHOLDERS. READ JUST SOME OF THE IMPRESSIVE AVP ACHIEVEMENTS BELOW:
WHAT’S AHEAD FOR THE CONSULTING FIRM’S AVP PARTNERSHIP IN THE FUTURE?
PearlVijay 27000610XR Visits (1463)
Yes - I agree this is no "breaking news" but lately Rational Support has come across a good number of enquiries on upgrading from 6.x to 7.x
So, if "upgrade" is in your agenda - then this one's for you.
Upgrade Advisor (if you're planning an upgrade to 7.2)
Technote 7021593 contains an upgrade advisor that can be executed in a Synergy 6.5 SP2, 6.6a, 7.0, 7.1 or a 7.1 database. Note that direct upgrade to 7.2 is only supported from 7.0, 7.1 or 7.1a.
However, if you are using an earlier release, you may still want to use the upgrade advisor described in this document to plan and prepare for upgrade to 7.2 via an intermediate release such as 7.1.
Intermediate upgrades: From 6.5 to 7.2
- If you're trying to upgrade from Rational Synergy 6.5 SP1 to 7.2, there are intermediate upgrades that are required. The reason being, certain dependant binary files are bundled in releases after 6.5 & prior to 7.2 which are needed for 7.2 to be fully fuctional in your environment.
- You will first have to upgrade from Rational Synergy 6.5 SP1 to 6.5 SP2 Patch 09, then, to Rational Synergy 7.1 (18.104.22.168 preferably), and finally to 7.2
Note: If you don't need ccm_copy_tools for old archive support or objectmake, then you could skip the 6.5-SP2-09 step, and just upgrade the databases directly to 7.1 (2 steps instead of 3). However, it will be better if you takes all 3 steps.
Intermediate upgrades: From 6.4 to 7.2
- If you're on 6.4 SP1, you can directly upgrade to Synergy 7.1 (and then upgrade to V7.2)
- Upgrades of Rational Synergy releases prior to 6.4 are not supported by Release 7.1. To upgrade from a pre-6.4 release, you need to upgrade to one of the releases that is supported by Release 7.1 (that is, 6.4, 6.5, or 7.0), and then upgrade to Release 7.1
V7.1 General Information
V7.2 General Information
- System Requirements for Rational Synergy
These reports, available from the Software Compatibility Reports (SPCR) tool, provide detailed information about hardware and software requirements for a specific operating system. It also includes an option to run the report by component for all supported operating systems.
Release Notes for Fix Packs
· Rational Synergy 22.214.171.124 Technote 4025489
· Rational Synergy 126.96.36.199 Technote 4027960
· Rational Synergy 188.8.131.52 Technote 7021878
· Rational Synergy 184.108.40.206 Technote 4030236
· Rational Synergy 220.127.116.11 Tech
· Rational Synergy 18.104.22.168 Technote 4032607
· Rational Synergy 22.214.171.124 Technote 4033509
· Rational Synergy 126.96.36.199 Technote 4029973
· Rational Synergy 188.8.131.52 Technote 4031829
· Rational Synergy 184.108.40.206 Technote 4032986
· Rational Synergy 220.127.116.11 Technote 4034180
· Rational Synergy 7.2.1 Technote 4035314
AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (1457)
Here it is, hot off the presses, the top content for IBM Rational Change as reused by our technical support engineers in April. These are technotes that have the highest reuse percentages for the month which helped resolve PMRs. Hopefully you can find some quality information here to recycle and help you tackle the issues before they become problems:
AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (1454)
Installing Rational Focal Point V6.5.2 with Tomcat and PostgreSQL- This is a demonstration of installing IBM Rational Focal Point V6.5.2 with a Tomcat application server and PostgreSQL database. This demonstration is also available on IBM Education Assistant: http
Setting up Distributed Configuration Management for Rational Synergy V7.2- This video introduces you to the concept of Distributed Configuration Management (DCM) in IBM Rational Synergy V7.2. This video provides an understanding of the DCM feature and an example situation of using it. The Rational Synergy Information Center:
Did this information help you to achieve your goal? Use the like or dislike buttons in the videos to let us know. We appreciate your feedback! Subscribe to the IBMRationalSupport channel to stay updated on our latest multimedia offerings.
AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (1454)
Are you an EGL user?
If so, you hopefully already know of the EGL community (also known as the EGL Cafe) where you and find and connect with other EGL users. They even tackle this very question in their blog post titled: EGL case studies: Who's using EGL? The community also has a list of Business Partners that provide offerings and services related to EGL, along with a list of EGL Success Stories showing how companies from around the world are using EGL and getting great results. People are also sharing their EGL success stories on their own company web sites and places like Don't forget the EGL forum; a great place to ask questions and help out other EGL users. use the Watch Forum feature to keep up with the great discussion on the forum's latest threads! So to answer the question of "Who's using EGL?" check out the EGL case studies: Who's using EGL? blog post in the EGL community. There is a plethora of GREAT information and links to help you out!
The community also has a list of Business Partners that provide offerings and services related to EGL, along with a list of EGL Success Stories showing how companies from around the world are using EGL and getting great results. People are also sharing their EGL success stories on their own company web sites and places like Don't forget the EGL forum; a great place to ask questions and help out other EGL users. use the Watch Forum feature to keep up with the great discussion on the forum's latest threads! So to answer the question of "Who's using EGL?" check out the EGL case studies: Who's using EGL? blog post in the EGL community. There is a plethora of GREAT information and links to help you out!
Don't forget the EGL forum; a great place to ask questions and help out other EGL users. use the Watch Forum feature to keep up with the great discussion on the forum's latest threads! So to answer the question of "Who's using EGL?" check out the EGL case studies: Who's using EGL? blog post in the EGL community. There is a plethora of GREAT information and links to help you out!