kellypuffs 06000168YK Visits (1672)
The support site sunset had been announced and presented on the supp
On this page, you will find helpful links to locate the information you need, such as a tutorial to assist you with locating downloads on ibm.com:
Sumant Renukarya 270002B42N Visits (1671)
Rational Support encountered a case for IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) where 400+ custom attributes in a project needed to be deleted. These attributes were removed from the presentation and from "Types and Attributes" in the process configuration, but they still show up in the Query Editor.
One of the options available is to archive the custom attributes and not include these when querying. However, in this example there was a request for a workaround for not being able to delete custom attributes. Again, the environment in this example had over 400 attributes to delete.
NikhilBhat 270005V9K6 Visits (1670)
Of late I have come across instances, where license administrators are facing issues related to permanent and temporary licenses. I thought it will be a good idea to provide all the relevant information through this post. Let me start with a description of license key types.
License key type : These are broadly categorized into two parts
Permanent: A license issued to a customer to run products for an indefinite period of time.
To order your permanent floating, named-user floating, or authorized user license keys for most products, use the IBM Rational License Key Center.
To acquire an authorized user license key for IBM Rational products based on the Eclipse framework, purchase and download an activation kit from Passport Advantage. See Requesting license keys for information about ordering keys from the License Key Center.
Temporary (evaluation or emergency): A time-limited license issued to a customer for running IBM Rational products. You can use it on any computer until the specified expiration date.
Temporary license keys can be floating or authorized user.
Temporary keys are generated only for single or multiple license servers. They are not generated for redundant servers.
NOTE : To evaluate a product, ask your sales representative for an evaluation key.
Important : License key files file name with description:
→ rational_temp.dat: Contains all authorized user temporary license keys. Obtain a permanent license key to use your IBM Rational product past the temporary license key expiration date.
→ rational_perm.dat: Contains all authorized user permanent license keys. Go to IBM Rational License Key Center to request permanent license keys.
Now as we know and understand the basics about licenses, we can move ahead to discuss a few issues related with using the licenses in your environment. To start off, I would like to discuss about using a newly generated temp
The figure below shows the contents of a temporary license file
the Host name is “this_host”
the host id is “ANY”
the host-id is “ANY” to signify that this license can be run on any machine irrespective of the license type,
But while configuring these licenses on the license key server you need to make sure that the host name is updated to reflect the the actual Host name of the machine on which the license key server is running.
If this is not done, license checkouts will not happen.
Steps to modify the temporary license file:
1. Open the temporary license file with notepad or any other text editor.
2. Replace this_host with hostname of the machine.
3. Save the changes and exit from text editor.
If the Rational license key server is running on the host ABCD, then the above steps should be followed and the updated file should look like the one below
There may be instances where you have to use both permanent and temporary license. The following discussion focuses on this.
How to serve both permanent and temporary licenses at the same time
As pointed out earlier for temporary licenses, the following files are used
and for permanent licenses, the following files are used
So we have to configure the license server to read two license files instead of one
Steps to make the license server to read two license files
If Rational License Key Server is configured as a Service
1. Open windows registry editor (regedit.exe)
2. Navigate to the following registry key:
Note: On 64-bit Windows 7 platform, please navigate to the following key:
3. Modify the current value, and specify the complete paths to the two license files, separated with a semi-colon “;”.
4. Close the registry editor and restart your Rational License Server.
If the license server was initially started as a process from a command prompt:
1. Stop the license server by using following command
lmutil lmdown -c <pat
2).Restart the Rational License Server process using the following command:
lmgrd -c <pat
Note: The 2 paths are separated by a semi-colon ";".
I would also mention that removing the references to expired temporary licenses is also very important. If not removed, the expired licenses can cause issues while importing new licenses.
To remove expired temporary licenses:
1. Navigate to location of rati
2. Open the file in a text editor.
3. Delete the lines or INCREMENT block(s) corresponding to the expired temporary licenses.
4. Restart the license server.
→ How to serve both permanent and temporary licenses at the same time: http
→ Rational License File Management: http
→ Rational Common Licensing 8.1.4: http
farzi@developerowrks 11000064S4 Visits (1670)
In the Rational Developer for System z (RDz) version 9.0, when you use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection, you may see the following error while enabling your CICS debug configuration profile before debugging you CICS application:
where HOST1 is the z/OS host of your secure connection.
Managing SSL security and certificates: http
Using SSL security for Explorer connections: http
If you do not need to use certificates with your SSL connection, you can prevent the error by disabling the certificate management in RDz in the following way:
1. On the workbench menu bar click Window -> Preferences, then expand Explorer and click Certificate management.
kellypuffs 06000168YK Visits (1667)
What @RationalSupport tweets were the most popular in July, as measured by click-throughs to our content?
Check it out!
1. The Full-Text Search feature in IBM Rational ClearQuest, Version 7.1: Part 2. Install the components: http://ow.ly/oGyk KS
2. Announcing the availability of IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere, V 7.5.4: http://ow.ly/r1KQ ^CH
4. TODAY, 10am EDT: Rational Support Open Mic: C/ALM with 2.0 Jazz products. More info: http://ow.ly/pBsr ^KS
5. dW: Test dynamic Web applications with IBM Rational Functional Tester scripts that can handle application changes: http://ow.ly/oSUB ^KS
8. IBM listens when Indian developers talk http://ow.ly/nsZn ^KS (via @ibmrational)
10. Now available: Open Mic replay: What's New in Rational Team Concert 2.0/Jazz 1.0 http://ow.ly/piRR ^KS
Lots of good stuff here ... what do YOU want us to tweet about? Leave a comment and let us know.