AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (2073)
You know, even machines need a break now and again. This weekend our jazz.net servers will get much deserved holiday for 36 hours.
If you're a Jazz.net member we trust you've already received communications regarding this planned outage. If you've not, you may want to take a moment to read over the following information so you are prepared for this weekend's pending scheduled outage.
When: From Saturday September 8th, 2012 12:01am until Sunday September 9th 11:59am (a duration of 36 hours)
What: All services hosted on jazz.net domain will be unavailable
What actions are required by users of jazz.net?
kellypuffs 06000168YK Visits (2072)
Rational User Groups are independent, user-run organizations that provide an open forum to promote information exchange between customers and Rational staff. They bring together bright minds and bright ideas. There are over 23,000 members in 97 Rational user groups worldwide.
In the area? Register for these upcoming user group meetings:
Jan 27, 2011 - Toronto Rational User Group
Feb 8, 2011 - North Florida Rational User Group
Feb 10, 2011 - UK Rational User Group
Feb 17, 2011 - Twin Cities Rational User Group (TC-RUG)
Feb 22, 2011 - Belgium Rational User Group
kellypuffs 06000168YK Visits (2072)
Our very own Patrick O'Connor, aka @rationalwebguy, will be at the Rational Systems Engineering Conference in Waltham, MA, today.
He would be VERY happy to bend your ear and talk to you about the IBM Support Portal or ANY of our electronic support programs and tools.
If you see him, be sure to stop and say hi!
Soumya Y Shanthimohan 270004GAQS Visits (2071)
With the rise of Ajax powered sites, it is becoming very important for the websites to load the data quickly, asynchronously and without any delay.
For AJAX applications, JSON is faster and easier than XML.
Difference between JSON and XML
Does RPT support JSON inputs?
Yes. JSON inputs are supported since the version RPT 8.2.1.
How to pass JSON inputs into RPT?
JSON inputs can be passed into RPT using the below two methods -
I. Proxy recording
The procedure is the same as recording a http test.
The use case would be:
1. [RPT Recording Wizard] Start a 'New test from Recording'
2. [RPT Recording Wizard] Select the option 'http test'
3. [RPT Recording Wizard] Record an "unmanaged application"
4. [RPT Recording Wizard] Selection of an available port on the machine, and then start of the recording.
5. [SoapUI client ] Launch SOAP UI > File > Preferences > Proxy settings
6. [SoapUI client ] Populate the 'Host' flied with the value 127.0.0.1. The Port number should be the one that you selected during recording (as in Step 4)
7. [SoapUI client] Manual tests until the end of a given scenario.
8. [Rpt Recording Wizard] Stop the recording.
Once the recording is stopped, a SOA extension test should be created in RPT with all the JSON information.
II. Manual test suite creation
1. Launch RPT
2. File > New Web service Test > Empty Test
3. Once an Empty test is created, you can add 'Text requests'
4. The URL should have the JSON information.
5. Add a 'http header'
Name - 'Content-Type'
Value - 'application/json'
6. Lastly, paste the JSON Content to be sent in the test suite -
Some JSON Samples
AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (2071)
Once again: the most recent list of the latest and greatest downloads which have gone live from Rational Support since our last post on March 28th! These links are provided to help you find the fixes you need in order to stay up to date and successful with your Rational products.... And don't forget to check out the downloads tag to see any of the fixes you may have previously missed:
image credit: (c) 2012 WaywardCelt Photography