You should shell share your IBM Rational Test Workbench with IBM Rational Performance Tester.
Note: Google.com application is used in this example.
- Create more than one test script in your project. In this example I have created two scripts name “GoogleTest1” and “GoogleTest2”
- Create Performance Schedule. Right click on project Goto-> New->other->Performance Schedule and name it as “ScheduleParallelTestRun”
4. Add GoogleTest1 to User Group1 and GoogleTest2 to User Group2
- No variable is created and no datapool used. When the schedule is run, the product automatically assigns one device per virtual user.
- Each user group runs a test on a single device that is selected from a schedule, where a variable is defined with a single selected device.
- The schedule runs the same mobile tests on multiple mobile devices and emulators in parallel with different user groups. Here a datapool contains the devices IDs as variable values, and each virtual user in a group is assigned a variable value from the datapool).
Scenario 1: No variable or datapool created
c) Execute the schedule. Workbench automatically assigns one test per device.
Scenario 2: Defining a variable and assigning the user group to specfic device
a) Create a variable named “RTW_Mobile_Selected_Device” in both test script. (Under Test sciprt, you can find Test Resources->Test Variables )
b) To assign the specific device to the user group, initialize the “RTW_Mobile_Selected_Device” variable with device id, which can be retrieved from the device editor.
c) Repeat the same steps for the other test as well and execute the schedule.
d) As specified, each test will be executed in respective devices.
Scenario 3: Creating Datapool and assigning devices
- Create Datapool under your project (Right click on project and select Datapool)
- Provide name for the Datapool as Devicelist.
- Specify the column count as 2 and row count as 1. Each column for single user group.
- Edit the Datapool and name the columns as UserGroup1 and UserGroup2
- Insert the device id in each row as shown in the below picture.
- Initialize the variable RTW_Mobile_Selected_Device in both test with Datapool column.
- Assign each group with single column.
8. Execute the schedule.