Are you planning an upgrade to ClearCase 8.0 and need to know where to find resources that will help?
The list below contains a collection of resources from a variety of sources including documentation and educational material that will help you in planning your upgrade.
For your convenience (and for future reference) this information has also been organized for you in technote 1613981 Knowledge Collection: Useful resources when upgrading to ClearCase 8.0.0.x
If you are planning an upgrade to ClearCase 8.0, please contact IBM Rational Support
providing the information listed in the "ClearCase 8.0 upgrade information" section of technote 1613981
. Our support staff will help you prepare for your upgrade using the details you have provided about your system configurations and environment.General Information
This is a section of the IBM Rational ClearCase 8.0 Information Center which includes the following:
- Client and server compatibility information
- Pre-upgrade backup of critical resources
- Post-upgrade migrations
These reports, available from the Software Compatibility Reports (SPCR) tool, provide detailed information about hardware and software requirements for a specific operating system. It also includes an option to run the report by component (such as CCRC WAN Server, CTE and others) for all supported operation systems.
The following links will direct you to the specific reports for each operating system:
This technote contains client and server compatibility information to help you ensure that all components in your environment can operate together successfully.
- Below are the release notes which provide valuable information specific to each of the releases.
Downloads and Fixes
New VOB schema and feature levelEducation
- The following documents provide a list of new features that were introduced in the individual releases:
- ClearCase 8.0 installation is a series of education modules available on IBM Education Assistant that provide step-by-step demonstrations of upgrade scenarios including the steps to upgrade IBM WebSphere Application server if you are using the CCRC WAN server.
Discontinued platform support
The following documents provide details about platform discontinued support for the purpose of platform migration planning. General availability and End of Support (EOS)
Rational Support Resources
lists Rational support resources to assist you with learning the products, getting help, or just getting started.
Author: Denise McKinnon