ALM Community is organizing one more Office Hours event for 2012 on November 30th (that's this Friday, y'all!) from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Eastern Time). Make sure you register, attend, and send this information to your peers:
* ALM Office Hours Event - Latest News on the IBM Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management
Plus, don't miss this MUST READ: Forrester Named IBM Rational as an ALM Leader!!!
And don't miss next week's Global Rational User Community Webcast:: "The Truth, Myth and Thrill of Real Enterprise Application Development"
When? December 5, 2012 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm ET, USA
Reserve your seat now
Enterprise application development has sprawled beyond any single platform. IT organizations rely on a mix of Intel, mainframe and Power hardware to support business operations, and to stay ahead, developers need to tackle challenges beyond any one platform. Also, development skills and tooling deployed on one platform need to be portable - mainframe to mobile - so advantages can be applied everywhere.
We invite you to join this webcast to get first-hand knowledge and understanding of typical challenges and myths surrounding multiplatform development. See a demonstration of the latest multiplatform development tooling and techniques to help mitigate these issues.
Click here to learn more and register today!
We are pleased to announce and invite you to the 2012 Rational VoiCE Jam hosted by the Rational Client Programs team. Registration is currently OPEN, but don't wait, register now so you don't miss out!
By popular demand, this jam will give you the opportunity to share ideas, comments and votes across various aspects of the Rational portfolio including major themes of: deployment, installation, configuration, documentation, performance, upgrade/migration and integrations. The jam commences Monday, December 3rd, and closes on Thursday, December 13th, and does not require a confidential disclosure agreement (CDA). Details of the themes will be shared with the event opens on December 3rd. IBMers are also welcomed to register!
Please register for this event at the following link and feel free to share among your colleagues and clients!
VoiCE Jam Registration => https://voicejam.ideajam.net/ideajam/hosted/VoiCE/IdeaJam.nsf/register
About the VoiCE IdeaJam:
IdeaJam is a place where you can share your ideas for the Rational Products and Solutions. When you post an idea, others can Like or Dislike the idea and provide comments. Popular ideas will bubble to the top. Make your opinion count!
If you have any questions, please contact the VoiCE team at email@example.com . We look forward to jamming with you next week!
Our developers were busy over the Thanksgiving holiday week, working tirelessly to get you the fixes and updates you need! Here's the latest and greatest downloads which have gone live from Rational Support since November 13th.... and don't forget to check out the downloads tag to see the fixes you may have missed over the summer and early fall months:
Last week, we rolled out a new release of the IBM Support Portal! We've been listening to your feedback across various channels and have worked hard to continually improve our offerings and capabilities to provide you with the right answers to your challenges.
Take a quick look below at some of the top changes we've implemented, but don't linger here too long; you'll want to jump over to the IBM Support Portal to see the changes for yourself!
IBM has replaced the banner image with a new “Support shortcuts” module. This new module contains the links to the top 5 support tasks based on your feedback.
- Clicking on the Fixes (downloads) link in the new “Support shortcuts” module opens up a “Refine my fix list" window. This window allows you to select version and OS, then continue to a list of specific fixes. You may also select the “Show me more options” link in the “Refine my fix list” window. This link will take you to the full IBM Fix Central site, where you may find additional product fixes.
- Clicking on the Open a new service request link in the new “Support shortcuts” module opens up the IBM Service Request site. Clicking on the “Service requests & PMRs” link in the top navigation tabs will also open the IBM Service Request application. This site has also been updated recently with new layout and links. This site allows you to work with all aspects of your service requests.
- Clicking on the Product documentation link in the new “Support shortcuts” module opens a focused search results page showing just the documentation for that product. You may either use the left nav to navigate to the answer and/or search this list using the “Search within results” field.
- Clicking on the Problem resolution link in the new “Support shortcuts” module opens a focused search results page showing just the technical library documents for that product. You may either use the left nav to navigate to the answer and/or search this list using the “Search within results” field.
- Clicking on the Plan an installation or upgrade link in the new “Support shortcuts” module opens a focused search results page showing just the support documents written as helpful for installs or upgrades for your products. You may either use the left nav to navigate to the answer and/or search this list using the “Search within results” field.
- Clicking on the Communities link in the top navigation tabs will open the new Communities page. IBM has greatly simplified this page, leaving only 3 to five main links for each product. Additionally, IBM has added social business feeds appropriate for each product. “More” will open up a new page with additional community links. You are able to filter the social business feeds using “Filter results”.
For complete information about all of IBM's Electronic Support sites and tools, please visit: ibm.com/electronicsupport . This site contains numerous electronic support demo videos – all hosted on ibm.com.