On March 4th, Nithya Rajagopalan posted the following article: "Announcing the Rational Publishing Engine 2.0 Beta" on the Jazz.net blog. We are re-running the same post below for added visibility and to remind you that the beta is still live! So go on, log in, test it out and see how the RPE beta can work for you!
The IBM® Rational® Publishing Engine 2.0 Beta is now available to try in the cloud on IBM Bluemix!
Rational Publishing Engine 2.0 Beta will help clients assess the capabilities that we plan for the GA version with a focus on:
- Driving uniformity within the organization on document generation tools and capabilities.
- Reducing the administration overhead of installing and configuring multiple versions of Rational Publishing Engine to work with multiple versions of IBM Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management
- Generating documents with minimal steps for everyday practitioners
- Reduce the learning curve for report creation and document production
- Effectively applying template reuse, enabling wider team collaboration
With Rational Publishing Engine 2.0 Beta, you can now assemble and generate documents that contain complex systems and software engineering data from a simplified web interface.
- Any user can generate documents from preconfigured reports with a single click. No coding knowledge or additional configuration is required.
- Built-in library support
- Report designers can quickly create reports from existing or new templates. Templates can be reused in other documents.
- Find the assets that you want to work with by tagging, pagination, sorting or searching.