The logical port specifies the server on which IBM Rational SAP Connector is installed. It is used to transfer data to the external Defect Management Tool. The Web AS HTTP or HTTPS port is used, depending on the information in the URL.
Each logical port is attached to a consumer proxy. These ports are used by Solution Manager and Service Desk when they need to call the Rational Connector.
Steps to setup the logical ports:
- Determine the logical port names corresponding to the Consumer proxy:
Consumer Proxy Name:
Logical Port Name:
- Determine the URL needed for each logical port.
The URL follows this pattern:
ExternalTestToolServer is the system running the Rational Connector
ExternalTestToolPort is the http port used by the Rational Connector (not https) default 9080
ConsumerProxyName is the name of the consumer proxy
- Verify the WSDL URL. If the URL is correct, your browser will show an XML document.
If you make a mistake with one of the WSDL URL, either Solution Manager or Service Desk won’t be able to access the Rational Connector when it needs to. This won’t happen until someone pushes a blueprint or tries to publish an incident to the external service desk for RTC.
- Create the logical ports.
- Verify the logical port for Test Data API,Service Desk API and Adapter API.