Open Mic: Managing Rational Performance Tester (RPT) and Rational Functional Tester (RFT) test assets through Rational Quality Manager (RQM)
Please join our Bangalore support team on Tuesday, May 25th, 3-4pm IST, for an informative open mic on Managing Rational Performance Tester and Rational Functional Tester test assets in Rational Quality Manager.
Briefing for the Topic
We will start the session with a brief discussion on RFT, RPT and RQM tools and the main course covering the integrations
of RFT; RPT with RQM and then list out the benefits, value addition this integration provides to customers. We will also have a demo towards the end of the discussion and a summary on the concepts discussed.
About Rational Quaiity Manager
IBM® Rational® Quality Manager is collaborative, Web-based, quality management software for comprehensive test planning and test asset management throughout the software life cycle. Built on the Jazz™ platform, it is for test teams of all sizes and supports a variety of user roles, such as test manager, test architect, test lead, tester, and lab manager, as well as roles outside of the test organization.
Rational Quality Manager enables users to manage and run automated test scripts created with other test tools by integrating RQM with the testing tools. You can create test scripts in RQM that refer to existing tests that were created with IBM® Rational® Functional Tester, Rational Performance Tester, Rational Service Tester, Rational Robot, and Rational AppScan Tester Edition.
IBM® Rational® Functional Tester (RFT), IBM® Rational® Performance Tester (RPT), IBM® Rational® Quality Manager (RQM) customers and IBM internal contacts.
For more information, please see Rational Support Technical Exchange Open Mic & Webcasts
image credit: (cc)
vjagadeesh 2700063KJN Visits (325)
Rational Performance Tester supports the TN3270 protocol. However, the TN5250 protocol is still undergoing testing.
The recording of the application using TN5250 protocol is possible using the Socket protocol, as there is no specific protocol recorder provided for this. Identifying and debugging issues which arise during a re-run of the recorded test is difficult using the Socket protocol. Although it is not advisable to use the Socket protocol; there is no other option currently available to use Rational Performance Tester with applications using the TN5250 protocol.
PaulLiskay 06000284J3 Visits (687)
How to do a silent install of IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT), or the RPT Load agent is a common topic. To do one on Linux is a bit trickier than on Microsoft Windows because most people are more familiar with Windows than Linux. Don't worry, it's still relatively easy and straight forward.
The approach I took was:
1. download IM 1.8.2 and the RPT 8.7 Agent repositories
2. copy from Windows machine to Linux machine using pscp, a Windows version of scp (secure copy)
3. install the standalone Installation Manager 1.8.2 for Linux
4. run that Installation Manager in GUI mode to create a response file needed for the silent install
5. then run Installation Manager from the command line using the response file generated in step 4 to install the agent silently.
Here's the steps
1. download IM 1.8.2 from htt
2. copy to Linux machine, I'm copying to /tmp/IM182
3. unzip on Linux machine to /tmp/IM182
[root@citmx373 IM182]# unzip age
4. install IM
[root@citmx373 IM182]# pwd
5. copy the agent to the Linux machine, I'm copying to /tmp/RPT87Agent
6. unzip it
[root@citmx373 RPT87Agent]# pwd
7. run IM in GUI mode to create a response file
[root@citmx373 eclipse]# pwd
8. Verify creation of response file
root@citmx373 eclipse]# ls /tmp
9. Do the silent install using the response file just created
[root@citmx373 eclipse]# pwd
10. Verify installation.
Check that the majordomo.config file exists and has the right hostname of the RPT workbench. Then check if the agent is started.
[root@citmx373 Majordomo]# pwd
11, Check agent status on RPT workbench by clicking on the agent status icon
PaulLiskay 06000284J3 Visits (1026)
Licensing can be confusing for Rational Performance Tester (RPT). Here's an overview of the various types of licenses for RPT along with their limitations.
1. 30 Day Trial
2. Rational Performance Tester or Rational Test Workbench Product Activation kit.
3. Rational Performance Tester or Rational Test Workbench PVU Activation kit
4. Rational Performance Tester or Rational Test Workbench Floating License
5. Virtual User licenses
6. Rational Performance Tester or Rational Test Workbench Floating License for PVU
7. Optional Protocol Extension Floating License
mquimby 060001FAVB Visits (1173)
There are some new videos published to the IBM
Rational Performance Tester
Rational Team Concert
Rational Developer for i