PaulLiskay 06000284J3 Visits (437)
How to do a silent install of IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT), or the RPT Load agent is a common topic. To do one on Linux is a bit trickier than on Microsoft Windows because most people are more familiar with Windows than Linux. Don't worry, it's still relatively easy and straight forward.
The approach I took was:
1. download IM 1.8.2 and the RPT 8.7 Agent repositories
2. copy from Windows machine to Linux machine using pscp, a Windows version of scp (secure copy)
3. install the standalone Installation Manager 1.8.2 for Linux
4. run that Installation Manager in GUI mode to create a response file needed for the silent install
5. then run Installation Manager from the command line using the response file generated in step 4 to install the agent silently.
Here's the steps
1. download IM 1.8.2 from htt
2. copy to Linux machine, I'm copying to /tmp/IM182
3. unzip on Linux machine to /tmp/IM182
[root@citmx373 IM182]# unzip age
4. install IM
[root@citmx373 IM182]# pwd
5. copy the agent to the Linux machine, I'm copying to /tmp/RPT87Agent
6. unzip it
[root@citmx373 RPT87Agent]# pwd
7. run IM in GUI mode to create a response file
[root@citmx373 eclipse]# pwd
8. Verify creation of response file
root@citmx373 eclipse]# ls /tmp
9. Do the silent install using the response file just created
[root@citmx373 eclipse]# pwd
10. Verify installation.
Check that the majordomo.config file exists and has the right hostname of the RPT workbench. Then check if the agent is started.
[root@citmx373 Majordomo]# pwd
11, Check agent status on RPT workbench by clicking on the agent status icon
PaulLiskay 06000284J3 Visits (792)
Licensing can be confusing for Rational Performance Tester (RPT). Here's an overview of the various types of licenses for RPT along with their limitations.
1. 30 Day Trial
2. Rational Performance Tester or Rational Test Workbench Product Activation kit.
3. Rational Performance Tester or Rational Test Workbench PVU Activation kit
4. Rational Performance Tester or Rational Test Workbench Floating License
5. Virtual User licenses
6. Rational Performance Tester or Rational Test Workbench Floating License for PVU
7. Optional Protocol Extension Floating License
mquimby 060001FAVB Visits (922)
There are some new videos published to the IBM
Rational Performance Tester
Rational Team Concert
Rational Developer for i
Soumya Y Shanthimohan 270004GAQS Visits (1310)
IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) is a tool for automated performance testing of web and server based applications.
It allows users to create tests that mimic user transactions between an application client and server.
RPT captures data at the protocol level and supports applications based on the below protocols:
During test execution, these transactions are replicated in parallel to simulate a large transaction load on the server. Server response time measurements are collected to identify the presence and cause of any potential application bottlenecks.
RPT test playback does not invoke the client of the application you are testing. RPT does load testing only on the server (no testing is done against the client).
Soumya Y Shanthimohan 270004GAQS Visits (894)
A scenario where, the IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) recording showed the message: 'This program cannot display the webpage'.
The script also had the required certificates in place.