IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) is a performance test tool which measures the performance of an IT system by generating load on it and measuring the response times of the system under load. RPT generates load by simulating the actions on the system of multiple simultaneous users. In order to achieve this, you might have to design the schedule with appropriate user load defined and configure the locations where these pre-defined user load needs to be executed.
Often times, when you perform such actions where the user loads are pushed on to the agent machine, you might / might not encounter various errors which could be related to insufficient memory defined for the execution, or network connection problems and so on....
This article specifically discusses one such error which is contributed by the way the RPT v18.104.22.168 agent component contributes to the schedule execution and the occurrence of this error holds good for any higher versions of RPT. However, the following solution is restricted for those who are working on the RPT v22.214.171.124 release.
Error: The workbench received notification that the execution process on Driver <<Agent Machine>> has terminated"
The above error might occur even when you try executing a schedule (irrespective of the virtual user load defined) locally on the RPT workbench or explicitly on external Agent machine. You might get involved in various troubleshooting methods such as :
- Check the configuration of Majordomo.config file and restart the Majordomo service
- Check if the Agent Status on the RPT workbench machine indicates "READY"
- Search on the remote agent for a file that starts with "javacore", if any
- When the schedule is being played back from workbench, access the URL: http://localhost:1903 by opening a browser in the Agent machine. Keep refreshing the page until the moment the error on workbench is shown
- Check if the schedule execution can be run locally on the workbench machine as shown below:
6. Restart the workbench machine and agent machines
7. Configure the schedule with default settings by reducing the logging levels, set the user load = 1vu and execute the schedule
Despite attempting all these methods, the error persists, irrespective of the user load defined. Note that this is a known behavior in RPT 126.96.36.199 with deployment of cross-project assets. You can upgrade to RPT v8.6 where the problem is fixed.