Extend TOGAF's ArchiMate to nonfunctional aspects of enterprise architecture
By: Fabio Castiglioni, Client Technical Advisor, IBM, Italy and Francesco Pedullá. Executive Architect, IBM, Italy
Extend ArchiMate, the TOGAF modeling language, to represent nonfunctional, business aspects of enterprise architecture, thus making the architecture more useful in clouds and other environments. Then download a simple customization so you can use the extension in Rational System Architect.
Product: Rational System Architect
Using SoaML services architecture to encapsulate interactions
By: Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM, USA
Jim Amsden, co-author of the OMG SoaML standard, explains the key concepts and how to use SoaML to encapsulate the interactions between participants in service-oriented architecture. He also clarifies the different modeling approaches and options supported by UML, SoaML, SysML, and UPDM.
Product: Rational Software Architect
Back up Oracle databases with the IBM Rational repotools utility
By: Paul J. Vellan, Software Verification Developer, IBM, Canada
The Repository Tools utility, known as repotools, is included with the IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager and other Rational Collaborative Design Management applications. The author describes how to use it to back up and restore an Oracle database.
Product: Rational Application Developer
This week we are also highlighting the following items on the developerWorks Rational home page and product pages that you may find of interest.
- Evaluate Rational Rhapsody Developer, download the trial for an evaluation period of 30 days: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rhapsodydeveloper/index.html
- Try Rational Software Architect Design Manager: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/architectdesignmanager/index.html
- Try Rational Software Architect: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/systemarchitect/learn.html
- Java Refactoring and Designing for Testability, April 27 @ 9am ET: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/669242b1-dd91-4d63-a08f-231314c793bb/entry/java_refactoring_and_designing_for_testability11
- Online trial: SOA Sandbox exercise: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/soasandbox/swarchitect.html
- Evaluate Rational Application Developer online: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rad/tryonline.html
- Online trial: Rational System Architect: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/systemarchitect/learn.html
And as another special treat, here's a link to a VERY useful InfoCenter topic: Keyboard shortcuts in IBM Rational DOORS.