All RAD versions come with an IBM Eclipse SDK (IES) and IBM JDK and you do not need to get or use any open source Eclipse download (which would also require its own JDK). It is not recommended to extend an existing Eclipse. Only problems reported with the IES and IBM JDK in provided by default with a RAD installation, are supported.
As of RAD v9.5, extending an existing Eclipse IDE is no longer supported!
RAD Knowledge Center (KC) Installation topics:
- Extending an existing Eclipse IDE (RAD 9.1)
no longer exists in the RAD 9.5 KC. The RAD 9.1 install specifics are in
- RAD91: Installing Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software
10. On the next Location page, you can choose to extend an Eclipse IDE already installed on your system
and add to it the functionality in the packages that you are installing. .... Eclipse IDE JVM ....
The RAD 9.5 topic:
- RAD95: Installing Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software
no longer mentions "Extend an existing Eclipse "
The RAD Eclipse version information is available in:
- Rational Application Developer support for third party and open-source Eclipse plugins and tools
-- see section RAD Eclipse updates
In the detailed system requirements you can generate for each RAD version using:
- RAD System Requirements
, the information will be in the Supported Software [Tab] - Eclipse Runtime environments:
In this document
- Fix list for Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software
, which has [tabs] for version 9.5,9.1,9.0,8.5,8.0,7.5 and 7.0
Note: 8.0 and earlier are out of support
For [9.5] you can select, for example 126.96.36.199 in the Table of Contents and then select the link for <Download 188.8.131.52>
, which takes you to:
- Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software Fix Pack 1 (184.108.40.206) for 9.5.0
-> Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software, Version 9.5x new features and enhancements
and if, for example, you select
<9.5 Release> , since 220.127.116.11 had no Eclipse changes
. and scroll down to the Eclipse links in the section:
Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software 9.5
This release of Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software contains new features and enhancements in the following areas:
<Eclipse IDE support>
<Eclipse platform updates>
. This documents the Eclipse version and latest fix(s) for this fixpack.