Alex_Moore 1000008GXE Visits (2431)
Rational Developer for System i (v9.0): Activation kit for ESS orders - This article details the steps needed in order to successfully download the activation kit for ESS or AAS orders.
To obtain licenses for orders placed either via econfig (AAS - Advanced Administrator System) or ESS (Entitled Software Support) customers should access ou
2. On the left side of the screen under 'My entitled software' click on Register IBM customer number if this is a new order or new user.
4. Select the OS version, Product number and continue. Check V6R1M0 version first since most of our keys are placed under this version regardless of your iSeries version.
5. Under 'Software downloads' verify the product and continue.
7. Select 'Click here to use HTTP'.
Alex_Moore 1000008GXE Visits (2724)
1. Logon to the Digital Certificate Manager of the iSeries.
2. Create New Certificate Store.
3. *SYSTEM, Continue.
4. No - Do not create a certificate in the certificate store, Continue.
5. Create Certificate store password, OK.
6. Click 'Select a Certificate Store', *SYSTEM, Continue & Continue.
7. On the left side of the screen select 'Create Certificate'.
9. Select 'Local Certificate Authority(CA)', Continue.
11. Select the following Applications to assign the certificate too:
12. Select 'Work with client applications' on the right side of the screen and assign the certificate to the following:
14. Select 'Copy and paste certificate'.
16. Add the newly created .cer to the studio by clicking on 'Window, Preferences, Remote Systems & SSL.
19. You should now be able to establish a SSL connection.
kellypuffs 06000168YK Visits (8370)
Tacit knowledge is the knowledge in your head. Knowledge you haven't shared. Explicit knowledge is knowledge written down and shared. Tacit knowledge is good, but explicit knowledge is better, particularly in a technical support context. In Rational Client Support, we've built a robust knowledge management program, based on knowledge-centered support best practices, aimed to equip the organization to capture knowledge effectively for reuse, not only internally, but outside the firewall as well.
The support engineer on the other end of the phone not only brings to bear his/her own expertise on an issue, but also has at hand our knowledge base built on the collective experiences of the organization and clients to date. We solve a problem once, and then reuse the solution, building upon it as experience dictates.
Capturing knowledge is not something we do in addition to solving problems....it is the way we solve problems.
Shared knowledge IS power.
image credit: (cc) KaCey97007
AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (2411)
Hey, have you heard? We (IBM) just announced a new family of processor based systems called POWER7!
While Power7 is not an IBM Rational specific effort, it does warrant a call out here as it is a big step forward in the Smarter Planet drive for IBM. Workload optimization is the name of the game here, which can directly translate into compelling performance and cost efficiencies. More details on the POWER7 systems can be found on IBM.com at the POWER7 announcement overview.
Be sure to check out the "Meet the experts" tab for Webcasts, Webinars, and perspectives from leading bloggers IBMers and 3rd party alike!
Of course IBM Rational DOES have solutions for Power Systems Software. Want to take advantage of Power Systems Software and optimize its potential? Take a look at what IBM rational provides to help you increase system utilization, boost productivity, maximize business agility, and increase flexibility: http
Take a look at all the various products available on the Power systems as well as the trial downloads available in the Spotlight section; and don't miss the Rational solutions for Power Systems e-Kit by registering here.
To steal a tag line from the illustrious Dale Hobill, senior Rational Support manager: MORE POWER!!!